We understand that a customer in the USA will be returning some goods to us in the UK for repair under a DSP73 licence, what is one?

The DSP73 form is issued by the Department of State (Dept of State Permit) and allows the temporary export from the USA and re-entry of military items but does not cover duty relief procedures. Also, a DSP73 form does not exempt the UK company from complying with UK export control regulations for military goods so the goods must be returned after repair under an export licence - for the USA this will probably be OGEL Military Goods After Repair but you would have to check the T&Cs of the licence to be sure. Further information can be found on the GOV website in the Export Control section


« Back to FAQs

Contact Strong & Herd
to discuss your requirements
0161 499 7000
0161 499 7100
Strong & Herd LLP, Manchester International Office Centre
Styal Road, Manchester, M22 5WB